Together we are creating
the future

About us


Centrum Bankowo-Finansowe “Nowy Świat” S.A. was established on December 7, 1990 as a wholly-owned company of the State Treasury. 100% of the Company’s shares were taken up by the State Treasury. The company was specifically targeted. Its purpose was to finance construction of the Warsaw University Library building from revenue generated from rental of office space. Among the first tenants at the “Nowy Świat” Banking and Financial Centre was the Warsaw Stock Exchange – Giełda Papierów Wartościowych w Warszawie S.A. In the years 1991-2008, the Company provided funding to the Warsaw University Foundation in order to fund and manage the construction of the most modern library in Poland.

In accordance with an agreement in the form of a notary deed between the State Treasury and the Warsaw University Foundation, in 2001 ownership of 10 shares registered shares in the company with a total nominal value of PLN 900,000.00 was freely transferred to the Warsaw University Foundation.

In 2010, significant changes were made to the corporate governance of the Company. The Treasury transferred ownership of the whole of its shares to the Industrial Development Agency – Agencja Rozwoju Przemysłu S.A. As a result of further proceedings, 90% of the shares were taken up by the MARS Closed Investment Fund. The remaining 10% of shares belong to the Warsaw University Foundation.

From April 5, 2022, the shareholders of the Company are Polska Grupa Zbrojeniowa S.A. – 90% and the Foundation of the University of Warsaw – 10% of the shares.