The building was commissioned on May 1, 1952. The architectural competition for its design was announced in 1947. Of the 10 teams invited, the project was entrusted to the outstanding team of architects – Władysław Kłyszewski, Jerzy Mokrzyński and Eugeniusz Wierzbicki, called the “Tigers”. Beside the Palace of Science and Culture, this is the second most famous building from that period.
The architectural and historical value of this building became the basis for Decision No. 1289/2009 on November 19, 2009 by the Regional Conservation Office concerning entering the building into the register of immovable monuments of the Mazowieckie province under number A – 896.
The basic data concerning the facility:
- Total floor space of 20,231 m2
- Office space of about 16,000 m2
- Retail and services premises of about 2,500 m2
- Number of floors: 7
- Number of underground floors: 1
- Number of parking places in the underground garage: 155